16 June, Rio+20 – Launch of the Natural Capital Declaration: Perspectives from senior executives
When: 2 – 3.30 pm on 16 June 2012
Where: Windsor Barra Hotel (Av Sernambetiba 2630, Barra Da Tijuca), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
The Natural Capital Declaration (NCD) will be launched at the UN Global Compact Corporate Sustainability Forum, taking place from 15-18 June.
This event is organized by the Natural Capital Declaration co-conveners (UNEP FI, Global Canopy Programme and FGV).
In addition to a thorough introduction to the NCD, the launching event will feature a presentation of all financial institutions that have endorsed the NCD at CEO-level, a discussion with financial industry senior executives on their motivations for endorsing the NCD and ways to further hardwire natural capital into finance.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Achim Steiner, UNEP Executive Director and Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations
- Carlos Frederico Aires Duque, Chief Executive Officer, Infraprev
- William Bulmer, Director, Environmental, Social and Governance Department, International Finance Corporation
- Richard Burrett, UNEP FI Co-Chair and Partner, Earth Capital Partners
- Barbara Krumsiek, UNEP FI Co-Chair and Chief Executive Officer, Calvert Investments and Chief Executive Officer, Calvert Investments
- Andrew Mitchell, Director, Global Canopy Programme
- Rodrigo Sánchez Mújica, Chief Executive Officer, FIRA Banco de Mexico
Download the full programme here.
Go back to Events